Tuesday 22 November 2016

We Are In A Bubble

I have been following the S&P 500 for a while now looking for a short opportunity. I have created a leading indicator that anticipates market downturns using a series of data. I will not be going into details as to how the indicator was constructed but I will briefly explain how it works.


Above shows a graph of the S&P 500, my indicator (CRI - Crash Risk Indicator) and the Drawdown of the S&P 500.

The green line is the historical price of the S&P 500 and the blue line is my indicator. The red area on the bottom is the drawdown of the S&P 500.

The idea is when the CRI is above 0.5 (the horizontal black line), there is a potential of a crash. Doing some backtesting, there were 2 major spikes for the CRI which happened in the year 2000-2002 and 2008. If your memory serves you well, you would know that these was the Dot Com bubble and the Subprime crisis respectively.

In more recent times, the indicator spiked before the China devaluation in August 2015 and another one in 2016 January sell-off. The indicator recently touched the threshold in the past couple of weeks but it did not trigger a potential market crash as it did not exceed 0.5. However, I am monitoring this closely as the S&P 500 has reached an all-time high and I foresee a sell-off in the near future.

I cannot tell you exactly what the cause of this bubble will be, but I can say that the indicators that I use for my CRI is giving a very grim future.

My model is based on 4 indicators. I will list what are the factors that I consider for this model for you guys to get a better idea of that I am focusing on to determine whether or not the market is heading for a crash.

1. Moving Average
2. Error Adjusted Momentum
3. Option Adjusted Credit Spread
4. Market Regime

That is all for now, I will keep you guys updated with what lays ahead. As always, happy trading. Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT A LOAN BY BRYAN ROLAND

    I’m Bryan Roland by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Mr Roy Smith ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $145,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: barclaysloanservice247@yahoo.com,

    I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders.

    Thanks you Barclays Loan service for your help.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Apply for loan here personal loan Easy Loan's available here apply from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At : abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  3. On jobs, the BLS reports a loss of 5.4 million US manufacturing jobs from 1990 to 2015, a 30% drop. No other major employment category lost jobs.How accurate are trading signals? Four states, in the "Belt" region, dropped 1.3 million jobs collectively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank an individual so much intended for making me know what My spouse and i didn’t know. I count on working with you. options trading tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in search of a legitimate loan? We offer loan all
    kinds to prospective individuals, company, cooperate bodies
    as well as organizations. If interested do get back to us
    we offer the following financial services:
    *Personal loans,
    *Debt consolidation loans,
    *Venture capital,
    *Business loans,
    *Education loans,
    *Home loans
    *Car Loans
    *Hotel Loans
    And many more.
    (Whats App) number:+919394133968
    please contact email id : patialalegitimate515@gmail.com
    Mr Sorina Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need personal informations from companies,family and friends that will better your life and you need easy access without them noticing just contact james or you’re financially unstable or you have a bad credit score, he will solve that without stress,he and his team can clear criminal records without leaving a trace and can also anonymously credit your empty credit cards with funds you need,all these are not done free obviously but I like working with James and his team cause they keep you updated on every step taken in order to achieve the goal and they also deliver on time,I tested and confirmed this I’m still happy on how my life is improving after my encounter with him ,you can send a mail to premiumhackservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. ex4 to mq4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! best etfs for 2021

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are a legit, registered and guaranteed loan company and we give out loans to individuals, companies, government establishments, churches and business organizations and people of all sorts. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem? Do you need financial solution cash world finance limited is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan that you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 3% interest rate. contact us today immediately for more Information
    WhatsApp: +1(773) 798-0522
    E-mail: cashworldfinancelimited@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete